Friday, December 3, 2010

Is there anybody out there?

It was about time I had one of these. Welcome to the blog of Xtina Carbone (de la Schuetz), where I will be using this space to show the world my work in whatever form it may take. Paintings, drawings, sketches, photographs... muses, videos, performance opportunities, exhibitions, and whatever else I can think of.

I've been an artist for as long as I can remember, but it wasn't until this past summer where I up and quit my cubicle desk job (HAHA TAKE THAT CORPORATE AMERICA) and went to Burning Man that I allowed myself the time to dedicate fully to "being an artist", whatever that means. As far as I'm concerned I never stopped, just put it on hold for a little while.



It was an adventure, to say the least. I came back and started painting again in all my free time, enough to put together a show in a local gallery space (my first solo show!) and for the first time in my life, try and make my artmaking sustainable. Not that I want to be a big shot famous artist with a loft in NYC or anything - no, no. I'd be more than happy to sell a few paintings and maybe paint some more murals and get paid... who knows? The possibilities are endless. I've always been extremely terrible at marketing myself - then again, until I had this show, the only friends or acquaintances of mine that have seen my work are those that have actually spent time in my kitchen. (That's where my "studio" is in my teeny apartment.) Now I'm getting my work and my identity as an artist out into the universe - and hopefully good things will come from it. I still need a real job, though.

I'll post paintings as I feel like it or as I work on them... here is my latest, most favorite. I priced it at $9000 at my show (Or Best Offer, but that's in the fine print that no one read.) It's overpriced even for me, but I really like it and don't want to let it go to just anyone. I can make archival art prints of almost all of my paintings right now for much, much cheaper (between $50-100 depending on the size of the piece and print.)



A Night in Wyman Park (Bamboo)
24" x 48"
oil on canvas


Until next time... thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment