Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eye Candy for Everyone

Playing with photos and texture. Some of my design work feels
more like "painting" than some of my oils and acrylics.



Jpeg files never look as good as the original to me. It's too bad, really. I feel pretty ultra sensitive to color sometimes, and when the file of a painting online seems off, I almost feel like the compression is misleading my viewers. (I know, boo-hoo.)

Life has been a whirlwind lately, both good and bad. When it rains, it pours I guess. Anyway, I've been thinking more about painting than I have actually spent time holding a paintbrush, so I wanted to contribute a little eye-candy to the blog world. I feel like it is my responsibility and mission to keep this thing interesting and updated often enough, even if I only have minimal readers still. I will write in this thing until someone notices, dammit.

If anyone is interested in buying any prints, I am putting in an order very shortly at Silicon printing - a place recommended by a friend. I am all about the recommendations - I feel that if I have awesome service somewhere or know someone that works there that I enjoy or am friends with - I pass it on. I want to know where the best place is to get A or B, or know that Gilbert at the art store will take care of me and not bullshit me because we used to work together. Helpful, courteous service is rare these days and under appreciated. So - that said, if someone tells me where to go to get something done - like prints- I will totally go there. Let's hope it's worth it. (Somehow, getting bad advice happens. I'll let you know.)

Orders go in soon. I can make prints of every painting on display at The Lola Bean right now as well as most of the things on my website. Please excuse my website. I need a new design, and a whole new setup - coming soon. I have lots of web developer/website designer friends but they are busy people, too. Right now I am aware that I can only post 10 images per section, and I have far more work than that on the server, floating aimlessly in the vast galaxy of cyberspace.

I wanted to post a link to a video of the Addy Awards shot by the fabulously talented Peter Parker, but you may just have to friend him first to see it. It was POURING down rain the entire time, so my crew was forced to spin non-fire toys inside and do minimal tiny fire tools outside under a tent. (Which felt additionally dangerous but was fine.) Still, I got paid to do what I do, which is an amazing feeling, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment